Islamic Classes for Kids / Youth / Adults
The goal of the Quranic, Arabic and Islamic Studies program is to have students achieve a greater understanding of the Islamic faith and way of life. Quranic studies include reading, recitation, memorization and comprehension of the Holy Qur’an. In Islamic Studies students learn the basic pillars of faith, Sunnah and the seerah of the Prophet (pbuh). The text and workbooks used are published by IQRA. Students also learn duas. Most importantly, they receive (Inshaa-Allah) the reward of praying in congregation.
"After one dies his actions stop except three things that he left behind: continuous charity, knowledge from which benefit is obtained, and a virtuous child who prays for him."- The Prophet (PBUH)
"Say: Truly my Lord enlarges the provision for whom He wills of His slaves, and (also) restricts (it) for him, and whatsoever you spend of anything (in Allah’s cause), He will replace it. And He is the Best of Providers."[Qur’an:Saba:39]
There are total 5 individual classes or grade levels. 1st to 5th. And the plan is to increase it 6 grades next year.
- The classes is both for boys and girls (5+). Boys and Girls are seated in the same classes but segregated.
- The classes run for 3 hours every Sunday.
- There are three periods per class, each period runs for about an hour. There are three subjects taught, in the three periods.
- The subjects are : Reading and Writing, Islamic Studies, and Ethics. Each one of these subject is subdivided into various different subjects and topics that they are scheduled base on the educational needs of our youth.
- All subject are taught by separate teachers.
Parents Student HandbookHandbook
Donating to Masjid As-Salam
Please mail checks to Masjid As-Salam, 276 Central Ave, Albany, NY 12206. (memo: Weekend Islamic School). May Allah (swt) reward you for your donation.
Continuous Improvement and Feedback
In sha’ Allah we will try to meet with parents regularly in order to do what is best for the students. Please enroll your children early and feel free to ask questions and give feedback.