The Masjid As-Salam of Albany, New York is a non-profit, non-political, religious and educational
institute. Masjid As Salam parent organization is NAIT (North American Islamic Trust). The
purpose of the masjid is to advance the teachings of Islam according to the Holy Qur’an and the
sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and to serve the Muslim community in upstate
New York. We also hope to serve as a bridge between the Muslim and non-Muslim communities here
in the tri-city area to promote mutual learning and understanding. Masjid As-Salam was founded
With the objectives of (a) providing services to the Muslim community and (b) bringing
together the Muslim and non-Muslim communities in the area, the Masjid As-Salam does the
- Holds congregational prayers and Islamic religious ceremonies at proper times.
- Conducts marriages and wedding services.
- Provides funeral services (janaza prayers) and access to a Muslim cemetery.
- Holds fast-breaking dinners and night prayers during the month of Ramadan.
- Advances Islamic education through regular classes and special programs.
- Participates in a variety of community service activities, including clothing.
- The mosque is open for all five daily prayers, at the times on the right.
Everyone is welcome to attend these prayer services.